Democrats of the Red Rocks is a Democratic club that welcomes all independent-minded citizens. Our mission is to elect Democrats by increasing voter turnout, promoting Democratic party principles and educating the community.
Movies to Borrow from DORR
2288 Roadrunner Rd
Sedona, AZ 86336 Please return in two weeks
204-5649 by mail or place in bag on my doorknob firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Marine Aquarium - The Ultimate Virtual Aquarium helps you experience the latest in aquamedia serenity
2) Palestine is still the issue- 2004 - Returning to Palestine, John Pilger still asking to bring justice to the Palestinians as he did in 1977
3) Money-Driven Medicine What is wrong with American Healthcare and How to Fix It - 2009
4) Outfoxed - Rupert Murdock's War on Journalism. This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of an ever-enlarging corporation taking control of the public's right to know
5)A day without a MexicanThe California Dream becomes a nightmare when the Golden State's Latin American population mysteriously vanishes
6) The Devil Came on Horseback - 2007 - An up-close, honest and uncompromising look at the crisis in Darfur as seen through the eyes of one American witness
7) Caught in the Crossfire - 2005 - The film details the conditions experienced by the civilians of Falluja as they endured the violent clashes and consequences of Operation Fury and became refugees outside the eyes of the international community. 2 copies A & B
8) Barack Obama: the Power of Change- A look at some of the humorous, exciting and inspiring appearances on Barack Obama's road to the White House
9) The Real McCain: Less Jobs. More Wars Contains 10 highly persuasive shorts with commentary on how to use each one to win on the topic of John McCain's flip-flopping by a proven leader in progressive politics
10) Commander 'N Thief - 2006 - This documentary tells the story of the means used in Ohio and across the nation to steal the 2004 presidential election
11) Washington You're Fired - Contains information on bills every citizen should comprehend before voting in 2008 or any election. This documentary explains how the USA Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act and the John Warner Defense Act have crippled the U.S. Constitution and have weakened the liberties that Americans once thought they could never lose
12) Crossing Arizona is a thought-provoking and insightful examination of the hotly debated issues of border security and illegal immigration as seen through the eyes of all participants
13) Why We Fight - 2005 - Ambitious, scary, eye-opening! Looks back from a post-9/11 vantage point to see how Ike's prophecy has come horribly true, with the collusion of Congress, corporations and the rise of unelected think tanks
14) High Crimes and Atrocities- 2007 - This video presents the ways in which George W. Bush has broken the law and hard evidence of specific crimes - such as his lies to the American public, violations of civil liberties and abuse of prisoners
15) Iraq for Sale - The War Profiteers - 2007 - Who's getting killed. Who's making a killing
16) Bill Moyers' Journal: Impeachment of a President July 13, 2007 With an opinion poll claiming nearly half of all Americans favor impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Bill Moyers gets perspective from constitutional scholar Bruce Fein, who wrote the first article of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, and The Nation's John Nichols, author of "The Genius of Impeachment: the Founder's Cure for Royalism"
17) A Patriot Act- 2007 - A chilling indictment of the stealth movement within the Bush administration to subvert the US Constitution and replace American democracy with religious values
18) A Crude Awakening - the oil crash - 2008 - This video offers the rock-solid argument that the era of cheap oil is in the past. It debunks the conventional wisdom that oil production will continue to climb, and instead stares bleakly at a planet facing economic meltdown
19) Bill Moyers' Journal Oct 12, 2007 - Could we see a repeat of the 1929 stock market crash? He talks with two veteran market watchers: William H. Donaldson, former chairman of both SEC and the NYSE, and Robert Kuttner, long-time Business Week columnist and co-founder of The American Prospect magazine - about the current economic landscape and the risks of financial industry deregulation
20) Time-Bomb -Americas Debt Crises: Causes, Consequences and Solutions - 2008 - This documentary puts the spotlight on America's exploding national debt and the fact that our leaders are risking our economic future through shortsighted fiscal policies
21) War Made Easy- How Presidents and pundits keep spinning us to death - 2007 - Moving from Vietnam to Iraq the film examines how news reports are nearly indistinguishable from White House and Pentagon talking points
22) Everything is Cool is an upbeat critique, not only of the industrial-political complex confusing the public on climate change, but also of the environmental movement that fails to capture the hearts of the American public
23) Inside Iraq: the Untold Stories - 2008 - A freelance filmmaker's unique personal journey uncovering stories of the lives of the Iraqi people and the US soldier
24) How Democrats and Progressives Can Win - Solutions from George Lakoff. Language is a political tool. Conservatives use terms like"Tax relief" and "war on terrorism" to get the public to think about issues their way. UC Berkeley Linguistics professor explains how progressives can be just as effective, if not more so, by effectively framing public debate in terms of our values
25)Voting in America- 2008 - 9 short documentaries about why some people don't vote and how others are trying to change their minds
26) Uncounted- The new Math of American Elections - 2007 - This documentary shows how election fraud that changed the outcome of the 2004 election led to even greater fraud in 2006
27) Jesus Camp - 2006 - "Extreme liberals who look at this should be quaking in their boots," declares Pastor Becky Fischer with jovial satisfaction in this riveting documentary. Ms. Fischer, an evangelical Christian, helps run Kids on Fire, a summer camp in Devil's Lake, N.D., that grooms children to be soldiers in "God's army." She makes no bones about her expectation that the growing evangelical movement in the United States will one day end the constitutional ban separating church and state
28) Hacking Democracy - 2006- This film takes a nonpartison, clear-eyed look at the secrecy, cronyism, and incompetence of elections in present-day America as it captures a citizens' movement intent on taking back elections - and democracy itself
29) Outfoxed Special Edition - includes all the infamous "Fox Attacks" shorts, a series of 18 videos that continues the work started in "Outfoxed", highlighting examples of Fox's biased, dishonest journalism
30) Taxi to the Dark Side (2007) examines changes after 9/11 in US policy toward suspects in the war on terror.
31) Gasland (2010) Horizontal "fracking" is a Haliburton-developed way of extracting natural gas from an oil well using a mixture of hundreds of chemicals, many of them proprietary, and millions of gallons of water. This water than becomes contaminated and must be treated and disposed of. The 2005 Energy Act, however has loopholes allowing the industry to ignore cleaning up the pollutants which eventually find their way into groundwater, Making its point using low-key, sardonic wit,this movie blows the lid off the virtually unregulated natural gas industry whose lies, conspiracy,cheating and deception have literally poisoned Main St. USA
32) The Corporation Provoking, witty, stylish and sweepingly informative, this multi-award-winning Canadian film explores the nature and spectacular rise of the corporation, the dominant institution of our time.
33) Miral The story of a Palestinian girl coming of age amidst the war zone of Israeli- Arab conflict and a women whose commitment to peace throug education has profound impact on the maturing young woman.
34)Iron Jawed Angels looks at the sufraget movement in America
in a very different light . It shows the torture of some of these women
35) Home The film, produced by the brilliant and ecology-minded French director Luc Besson, is the work of acclaimed aerial photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand,whose film is almost entirely composed of aerial shots of various places on Earth. It shows the diversity of the problems
narrated by Glen Close..
36) Hot Coffee An eye-opening documentary with jaw-dropping revelations, this film exposes how corporation spend millions on propaganda campaigns to distort our views of lawsuits-forever changing the civil justice system
37)"Crossing Over" Harrison Ford is on a quest for justice as an immigration agent investigating the case of a missing illegal immigrant. In a cross-fire of crime and bureaucracy. fraud and murder he must race against time to try to save a family.
38)"American Feud" a history of Conservatives and Liberals invites the audience to reconsider the history of two words and imagine a new future beyond Liberalism and Conservatism. Includes interviews with many scholars.
39) "Inside Job" The global economic crisis of 2008 costs tens of millions of people their savings,their jobs and their homes. This is how it happened.
40) Koch Brothers Exposed" This documentary from liberal filmmaker Robert Greenwald investigates some of the practices conducted by the billionaire brothers and alleges that they have been funding political agendas. Their effort to suppress voters, dismantle a public school and get rid of the Enviromental Protection Agency and Social Security are revealed.
(41) "Miss Representation" Writer/Director Jennifer Siebel Newson interwove stories from teenage girls with provocative interviews from the likes of Dr, Condoleezza Rice. Lisa Ling, Nancy Pelosi, Katie Couric, Rachel Maddow. Rosario Dawson, Dr.Jackson Katz, Dr.Jean Kilbourne and
Gloria Steinem to give us an inside look at the media and its message.
(42)"Pricele$$" This film ask the question can ordinary citizens prevail against a juggernaut of comfortable incumbents, lobbyists, and giant industries? Habitat Media documents the story of an electoral system that turns our elected representatives into craven junkies, mainlining special interest cash.
(43)"Too Big To Fail" Based on Andrew Sorkin's bestselling book, provided an in-depth look at the intersection of Wall Street and Washington and how their decisions impact Main Street. Mixing real-life personalities with a gripping countdown to economic disaster
44 " Sing Your Song" the history of Mr. Belafonte as an entertainer and as a Civil Rights advocate. Susanne Rostock's film is a fitting tribute to a man who has tirelessly devoted his life to repairing the social injustices of the world. Some times this caused problems in his personal like.
45 "Slavery By Another Name" The film recounts the many ways slavery or forced labor persisted as a practice after its supposed abolition in 1865,until 1945. Based on the Pulitzer Prize winning book by Douglas Blackman, the movie by Sam Pollard and narrated by Laurence Fishburne. He introduces the film by saying the Emancipation Proclamation African americans "were no longer slaves but not yet free"